Looking for a SPECIFIC topic?
Affiliate marketing 101?
Making money with GPT sites?
Type it in the box below to get lightning fast search results from this site.
Google
 

Monday

Why do clients keep doing this?

Indecision is seriously impacting my livelihood. The indecision is not my own. I can't count the number of times clients have contacted me to work on a freelance writing project, only to disappear two days later. For instance, I had a project lined up that would have brought me an extra $600 dollars in a week. Did I need that money? Hell, yeah! Did I get that money? Hell, no! Could my time have been better spent seeking clients who actually intend to have me complete their project? I think you get the picture.

The point of this rant is this: When someone contacts and retains me to work on their project, I'd like to WORK on the project. This means the project details and retainer fee must be sent to me. I felt like giving this client a piece of my mind, and suing for lost wages!

Lesson of the month: Don't pencil anyone into your calendar until the retainer fee is actually in your possession. Seems simple enough. However, when you're in need of cash, things can get a little murky.

No comments: